The Best Hikes on Vancouver Island
If you're looking for a breathtaking hike, look no further than Vancouver Island. There are miles and miles of trails to explore, each with its own unique charm. Vancouver Island is a hiker's paradise, with trails to suit hikers of all abilities. Here are some of the best hikes on Vancouver Island, sure to leave you feeling inspired!
1) Englishman River Falls and Cathedral Grove
If you're looking for a pair of great family-friendly hikes during your visit to Parksville, be sure to check out the trails at Englishman River Falls Provincial Park and some of Vancouver Island’s largest living trees at Cathedral Grove found in MacMillan Provincial Park. Both offer easy trails for the whole family to explore and makes for a great first stop when exploring the natural beautify of British Columbia.
2) Little Qualicum Falls
3) Juan de Fuca TrailThe Juan de Fuca Trail is a 47-kilometre long trail that winds its way along the coast of Vancouver Island. The trail offers hikers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and the surrounding mountains. Hikers should be prepared for rough terrain, as the trail includes a number of steep climbs and descents. 4) The West Coast Trail The West Coast Trail is a 75-kilometre long trail that runs between Victoria and Port Renfrew. The trail takes hikers through some of the most beautiful rainforests in Canada, and offers stunning views of Vancouver Island's rugged coastline. The West Coast Trail is considered to be one of the most challenging hikes in Canada, so hikers should be prepared for difficult terrain and strenuous climbs.
5) The Skyline TrailThe Skyline Trail is a 35-kilometre long trail that winds its way through the heart of Strathcona Provincial Park. The trail offers hikers unparalleled views of Vancouver Island's lush forests and snow-capped mountains. The Skyline Trail is considered to be an easy hike, making it a great option for novice hikers.
6) Myra Falls TrailMyra Falls is a beautiful waterfall destination located in the heart of Strathcona Provincial Park. It is a popular day hike, and it's easy to see why - the trail is well-maintained and the scenery is stunning. The waterfall is a great spot to take a break and enjoy the natural beauty of BC.
7) Paradise Meadows Loop TrailParadise Meadows is a beautiful sub-alpine meadow located in the heart of Strathcona Provincial Park. This easily-accessible area is famed for its lush coniferous forests, colorful wildflowers, and stunning mountain views. A hike to Paradise Meadows is definitely a must-do while visiting Vancouver Island.
The meadow itself is a sight to behold, with its expansive fields of wildflowers stretching out as far as the eye can see. In the summer months, the air is filled with the sweet fragrance of flowers, and the landscape is ablaze with color. The mountain views are simply stunning, and it's easy to understand why this area is so popular with hikers and photographers.
If you're looking for a breathtaking hike that showcases some of the best that Vancouver Island has to offer, then be sure to visit Paradise Meadows. You won't be disappointed!